Guide to Kicking Off Spring in Toronto
Winter has finally come to an end, just in time for spring! If you are itching to get outside and soak in the sun, take a look below at some of our favourite ways to kick off spring in Toronto.
Toronto Spring & Easter Flower Show
Located at Allan Gardens and Centennial Park Conservatory, enjoy a wide variety of colourful spring themed flowers. Don’t miss the Easter Show where the entire venue will be decorated with vibrant Easter flowers and colours. This free event runs until April 29 and is perfect for the whole family.
Blooming Cherry Blossoms in High Park
Witness the spectacle of the blooming Sakura tree in High Park. The trees located here share a long history dating back to 1951, where the Japanese ambassador to Canada, Toru-Hagiwara, presented the citizens of Toronto 2000 Sakura trees on behalf of the citizens of Tokyo. Take part in the traditional Japanese custom of hanami, or “flower viewing”, in late April to Early May when the blossoms are predicted to bloom.
Visit the Toronto Zoo
From alpacas to zebra doves and everything in between, the Toronto Zoo is the perfect place to explore the animal kingdom this spring. Be sure to catch the “Spring Into Easter Event” and enjoy a plethora of family fun activities, including “plant a spring flower”, “decorate a cookie”, and “who gets the golden egg?”.
Let’s face it, we all dread tidying up our personal spaces, and it can be a daunting task to transform your home into a place that sparks joy. Whether it be the messy kitchen cabinet, the overflowing closet, or the unorganized desk, here are a few tips to help get you started on making your home looking great for spring.
- ● Get rid of any and all unneeded items Things like old clothes, old shoes, etc. If you don’t need it, get rid of it. Your closet can hold surprisingly large volume of stuff you don’t need any more! Lay them out in your room and keep the ones you absolutely need and love. Discard the rest!
- ● Vacuum all your floors Be sure not to miss any corners or edges, and give it a nice finish by spraying and mopping.
- ● Organize your desk or working space Find a place for all those loose papers lying around, and make sure each tool finds its home! Take a look at your drawers and see if there’s anything you might not need.
- ● Dust all surfaces in your home Don’t forget about high up places, like on top of kitchen cabinets, fridges, and shelves.
- ● Clean your windows Take the time to properly scrub all of the windows in your home using any window cleaner. Make sure there are no fingerprints left on any windows.
Need a little help? Consider hiring a dedicated cleaning staff to refresh your home. Aspen Clean, Cleaning Services Toronto Pro, and Custom Maids Toronto are just a few companies that offer great spring-cleaning services in the city
Spend the day at a spa
Give yourself a proper pampering and get your body and mind aligned for the warmer weather at a relaxing spa. With so many spas in Toronto to choose from, here’s our picks for some of the best Toronto spas that are sure to get you into a tranquil state of mind.
- ● Elmwood Spa With 2 restaurants, 34 treatment rooms, and a swimming pool, Elmwood Spa is an easy choice when it comes to picking a great spa.
- ● South-Western Bathhouse & Tea Room A family run, traditional Russian Spa. Unwind, relax, and enjoy traditional Russian cuisine.
- ● Sweetgrass Spa A woman’s only spa located in Toronto with numerous great spa packages to choose from.
Go to a Blue Jays Game
The baseball season is here, and what better way to kick off the season than seeing the Blue Jays play. With plenty of home games to choose from and not a bad seat in the Rogers Centre, make it a point to check out a game this spring. Be sure not to miss “Jr. Jays Sundays” every Sunday home game, where you will find many fun activities for kids, including running the bases, face painting and more!